Data Specialist – Manila, Philippines
We’re hiring multiple Data Specialists to come help build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. We are looking for smart engineering and science graduates with an aptitude for structured thinking, high levels of curiosity and a great work-ethic to be part of our data engineering team.
GrowSari – Who We Are:
Growsari is helping to build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes her ends meet. We use technology to help them increase their earnings through four ways:
- Get cheaper sourcing of products by connecting them directly to companies (getting them access to better pricing and free delivery to their stores)
- Access new types of products to sell within their store (higher earning revenue streams such as bayad centers, e-commerce drop off points, wi-fi hotspots, store branding etc…)
- Access to financial services (give them access to working capital, consignment and other types of financial services that could help them grow, but they are currently excluded from)
- Help them monetize their data (get companies to pay for real-time access to sales data and ability to act on it on a per-store level – think the next generation of Nielsen Answers)
Over the past 2 years, we’ve been focusing on building a great team consisting of former members of Unilever, P&G, Boston Consulting Group and Uber – from four different continents.
Now we are looking for the next wave of talent to join and push this vision further.
What you’ll do:
Growsari is a data driven company and you will help us have access to reliable data and reports, as well as build out and maintain our data warehouse and reporting infrastructure. You will also provide support to various teams in day to day operations.
You will be part of a team of Data Specialists, each of whom works with a team or group (such as Product, Platforms, Finance), and alongside the Engineering & Analytics teams. You will assist your assigned team with their reporting and data analysis needs, producing metrics, reports and dashboards as needed.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Be the owner of all Metrics and KPIs for your assigned team, as well as provide your team with a set of reports and dashboards to monitor the health of the business
- Study the business data to identify opportunities and areas of improvement that others may be missing
- Coach members of your assigned team on improving their querying and data analysis skills
- Monitor the health of our data warehouse and roll out fixes as needed
- Help your assigned team troubleshoot day to day issues
You Should Apply If You:
- Are impact-driven and want to make a positive impact to the lives of Sari Sari store owners; ultimately playing a role in bridging the income inequality gap in the Philippines
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline
- Can demonstrate excellent problem solving, structured thinking and analytical skills
- Can write programs in at least 1 programming language, or write SQL queries
- Are eager to learn new skills and continuously improve yourself
Data Specialists who perform well, can move up within their role to team lead positions, as well as depending on aptitude and interest, move into the Engineering team (programming), or Analytics team.
|Job Category||Engineering Technology|