What is Our Design Challenge?
We solve problems for Sari Sari store owners, with the goal to make each peso in their pocket go further.
What makes it interesting is that all store owners interact with us digitally, but for many of them it’s their first time using e-commerce, or even using a smartphone at all.
Running a store also has unique pressures. The order volumes, frequencies and other service design aspects of the experience are very different from a typical e-commerce transaction.
This adds up to unique design challenges that require interesting approaches to solve them. Just replicating what the other big e-commerce or wallet players won’t cut it!
- Solving design challenges: You will need to work with different teams across the company on projects that solve the design challenges mentioned previously
- You will help champion design thinking in the organization You will help implement design thinking, projects and processes and testing within the teams
- You are eager to learn: You should have some previous experience or projects across one or two of the following: User research (including quantitative research and analysis), interaction design, information architecture, copywriting, visual design, service design and/or prototyping. Don’t worry about having to know all of them – as long you are willing to learn, we will help you learn the rest!
- You know how to work in a team: You will work closely with product, front end developers and data teams, so any experiences of working with diverse groups is a plus
- You want to empower the underserved: You believe in our mission of helping to empower our store owners
- Our current workflow: We use XD, Zeplin and a few other tools as needed. However we are happy for you suggest any other tools that you feel will do the best job and scale.
Note: Please include a link to your portfolio in your uploaded resume.