Product Manager (Fintech) – Manila, Philippines
We’re hiring a product manager to come help build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. We need someone with a good work-ethic, innovative thinking, financial acumen and data analysis skills to help ideate, build and test the future financial products and services our stores will use.
GrowSari – Who We Are:
Growsari is helping to build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes her ends meet. We use technology to help them increase their earnings through four ways:
- Get cheaper sourcing of products by connecting them directly to companies (getting them access to better pricing and free delivery to their stores)
- Access new types of products to sell within their store (higher earning revenue streams such as bayad centers, e-commerce drop off points, wi-fi hotspots, store branding etc…)
- Access to financial services (give them access to working capital, consignment and other types of financial services that could help them grow, but they are currently excluded from)
- Help them monetize their data (get companies to pay for real-time access to sales data and ability to act on it on a per-store level – think the next generation of Nielsen Answers)
Over the past 2 years, we’ve been focusing on building a great team consisting of former members of Unilever, P&G, Boston Consulting Group and Uber – from four different continents. Now we are looking for the next wave of talent to join and push this vision further.
What you’ll do:
The product team manages the development of these pillars, as well as the internal platforms to build them on (data services, logistics, warehouse systems). They sit between the CEO, tech, operations, design, marketing and sales teams in helping to build these projects from start to finish.
This role specifically focuses on leading the third pillar, which is our financial services business. For smaller sari-sari stores, working capital is a big issue, for several reasons:
- No credit means they aren’t able to fully unlock the growth of their store. They buy and sell the same amount of products every single day on a cash-in cash-out basis, so they never grow their business
- The stores aren’t able to place big enough orders to reach the minimum order quantity to avail of Growsari’s free delivery service.
- Beyond just buying products, they have no access to formal credit (like banks), nor do they have any form of credit history to help empower other parts of their life such as home loans, medical
emergencies or education – often being left to resort to unregulated channels like 5:6, pawn shops, loan sharks
We believe that the power of the Growsari platform can unlock some of these challenges, and as the Product Manager for Financial Services, you will work with the CEO and Head of Product in:
- Being responsible for the performance of our financial services business – you are the CEO of this part of our business, and need to help it grow quickly and sustainable among our store base
- Develop our road map of future financial products and programs for Sari Sari stores
- Manage the execution of new financial products – pay later, deferred credit, consignment and many other ideas – from pilot stage to launch (including pilot testing, operations, UX/UI design and testing, technical development)
- Manage the scale up across our entire store network of ideas that show most potential
- Improve the back end platforms and processes which power our financial systems
- Manage business development relationships with key partners to bring these programs to life (from the largest FMCG and Telco companies to other fintech startups)
You Should Apply If You:
- Are impact-driven and want to make a positive impact to the lives of Sari Sari store owners; ultimately playing a role in bridging the income inequality gap in the Philippines
- Have some previous experience or knowledge of the financial industry
- Have a problem solver attitude – be able to get things done
- Are good with people – you will have to get to know the store owners to understand their problems and how to solve them for them.
- Are data-driven – experience with SQL, Python or an app analytics platforms
- Have an appreciation for technology and design and using it to solve problems
- Are fluent in Tagalog and English
- Have the ability to travel through Manila and surrounding areas and go into our store areas
Product managers who prove themselves will get the chance to move across our product teams and experience all different aspects of our business. As we expand nationally these business pillars will grow into significant stand-alone businesses, so once you’ve found and area that you are passionate about we would focus on grooming you into becoming a CEO of that business, or alternatively helping us with international expansion in the future.
|Job Category||Product Management|