Product Manager (Fintech) – Manila, Philippines
We’re hiring a product manager to come help build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. We need someone with a good work-ethic, innovative thinking, operational and data analysis skills to help ideate, build and test the future of the electronic businesses (load, remittance, payments, wallet top-ups, e-pins etc…) which our stores will be able to make additional revenue from.
GrowSari – Who We Are:
Growsari is helping to build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes ends meet. We use technology to help them increase their earnings through four ways:
- Get cheaper sourcing of products by connecting them directly to companies (getting them access to better pricing and free delivery to their stores)
- Access new types of products to sell within their store (higher earning revenue streams such as telco, bills, e-commerce drop off points, wi-fi hotspots, food service, store branding etc…)
- Access to financial services (give them access to working capital, consignment and other types of financial services that could help them grow, but they are currently excluded from)
- Help them monetize their data (get companies to pay for real-time access to sales data and ability to act on it on a per-store level – think the next generation of Nielsen Answers)
Over the past 2 years, we’ve been focusing on building a great team consisting of former members of Unilever, P&G, Boston Consulting Group and Uber – from four different continents. Now we are looking for the next wave of talent to join and push this vision further.
What you’ll do:
The product team manages the development of these pillars, as well as the internal platforms to build them on (data services, logistics, warehouse systems). They sit between the CEO, tech, operations, design, marketing and sales teams in helping to build these projects from start to finish.
This role specifically focuses on our leading this second pillar, which will involve developing new types of e-businesses for stores beyond their traditional FMCG (ie. sachets, canned goods).
E-products provide the opportunity for significantly higher earnings (e.g earning 10 PHP on a Meralco bill payment vs 1 PHP markup on a sachet) and are easy to scale (you can add into the smartphone they are already using to order from Growsari). The great locations and scalability of sari sari stores also makes this an exciting opportunity for other companies (e.g imagine allowing GCash, Coins.ph or PayMaya to open up 1m top up points) and offer multiple benefits for the store (bring in new sources of revenue, foot traffic etc…) and all serviced by our existing touchpoints such as our app, delivery drivers and sales agents who can collect cash, set up the stores etc…
So far we’ve explored a few projects (telco, wallet top ups etc…) and want to build on this momentum. As the Product Manager for E-Products, you will work with the CEO and Head of Product in:
- Being responsible for the performance of our current e-products business (telco and wallet top ups) – you are the CEO of this part of our business, and need to help it grow quickly and sustainably amongst our storebase
- Develop our roadmap of future e-products ideas for Sari Sari stores
- Manage the execution of new idea from pilot stage to launch (including pilot testing, operations, UX/UI design, working with the engineering team during technical development, accounting etc..)
- Utilize our internal platforms (wallet, credit, mobile, data, cash collection) to bring your product experiences to life and manage the scale up across our entire store network
- Manage business development relationships with key partners to bring these programs to life (from the largest telco and remittance companies, to other startups)
You Should Apply If:
- You are impact driven and want to make a positive impact on the lives of Sari Sari store owners and the Philippines economy in general
- Have some existing experience with e-products – either in development or as a user
- A sense of ownership – own your projects and be able to work independently where required
- Problem solver attitude – be able to get things done
- Good with people – you will have to get to know the store owners to understand their problems and how to solve them for them.
- Data-driven – experience with SQL, Python or app analytics platforms
- An appreciation for technology and design and using it to solve problems
- Fluency in Tagalog and English
- Ability to travel through greater Manila and surrounding areas and go into our store areas
Product managers who prove themselves will get the chance to move across our product teams and experience all the different aspects of our business. As we expand nationally these business pillars will grow into significant stand-alone businesses – so once you’ve found and area that you are passionate about we would focus on grooming you into becoming a mini-CEO of that business, or alternatively helping us with national and/or international expansion in the future.
|Job Category||Product Management|