Quality Engineer – Manila, Philippines
We’re hiring Quality Engineers to help build the technical platform that powers the Sari Sari stores of the future. We are looking for experienced testers with excellent work-ethic, analytical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills to evolve and build our testing processes and tools.
What is Growsari:
Growsari is helping to build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes her ends meet. You can learn more about our story and mission here and on Tech in Asia.
We use technology help them increase their earnings through four ways:
- Cheaper sourcing of products and delivery straight from manufacturers
- Access new types of products to sell within their store (higher earning revenue streams such as bills payments, e-commerce drop off points, wi-fi hotspots, ready-to-eat meals etc…)
- Access to financial services (give them access to loans and other financial services that can help them grow)
- Help them monetize their data (get companies to pay for real-time access to sales data)
Over the past 4 years, we’ve been focusing on building a great team consisting of former members of Uber, Boston Consulting Group, Mynt, PayMaya, Unilever and P&G – from four different continents. Now we are looking for the next wave of talent to help push this vision further.
What you’ll do:
We are in the process of establishing our own Quality Engineering team, which will spearhead testing campaigns and ensure quality of Growsari Mobile and Web platform products by building test processes, and contributing to test automation.
You will be part of the pioneer QE team and will be mentored to transition into automation engineers, where you’ll learn how to execute other types of testing such as security and performance testing. You will be the point of contact and process owner for the following testing activities:
- Create, review, and execute manual test cases based on project briefs and product specifications
- Raise and track defects found during sprint development and directly coordinate with developers to resolve them
- Perform end to end testing (Rest APIs, mobile application, web application)
- Work closely with product team to identify use cases, demonstrate working features, and clear user story requirements
- Perform other types of testing such as security and automation testing
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least one year experience in testing mobile/web applications and Rest APIs.
- You have experience in creating and managing test plans and test runs.
- You have a basic understanding of QA processes, methodologies, and tools, and knowledge of Agile software development methodology (Scrum, Kanban).
- You have the ability to create basic SQL scripts.
Preferred but not required:
- ISTQB Foundation Level Agile Tester
- Programming skill is an advantage
- Experience with automated testing or creating automation framework from scratch
- Experience working in cross-functional virtual teams
Growsari has been growing exponentially in the recent months. We have over 500 total employees and the technology team has been growing at a high pace as well. As the team expands, you would be developed for Senior or Lead Quality Engineer role.
You will be based in our new HQ office based in Zeta Tower in Pasig, where you will sit with our management, product and engineering teams. We will provide you with a work laptop, free coffee and various other perks!
Send your resume to email@example.com and let’s chat!
|Job Category||Engineering Technology|