Senior Quality Engineer – Manila, Philippines
We’re hiring a Senior Quality Engineer to help build the technical platform that powers the Sari Sari stores of the future. We are looking for an experienced engineer with excellent work-ethic, analytical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills to evolve and build our testing processes and automation tools.
What is Growsari:
Growsari is helping to build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes her ends meet. You can learn more about our story and mission here and on Tech in Asia.
We use technology help them increase their earnings through four ways:
- Cheaper sourcing of products and delivery straight from manufacturers
- Access new types of products to sell within their store (higher earning revenue streams such as bills payments, e-commerce drop off points, wi-fi hotspots, ready-to-eat meals etc…)
- Access to financial services (give them access to loans and other financial services that can help them grow)
- Help them monetize their data (get companies to pay for real-time access to sales data)
Over the past 4 years, we’ve been focusing on building a great team consisting of former members of Uber, Boston Consulting Group, Mynt, PayMaya, Unilever and P&G – from four different continents. Now we are looking for the next wave of talent to help push this vision further.
What you’ll do:
We are in the process of establishing our own Quality Engineering team, which will spearhead testing campaigns and ensure quality of Growsari Mobile and Web platform products by building test processes, and contributing to test automation.
You will be part of the pioneer QE team and will be mentoring team members to transition into automation engineers, where you’ll build automation solutions from scratch and share the best testing practices with the team. You will be the point of contact and process owner for the following testing activities:
- Design, write, and maintain automated test scripts for mobile/web applications and Rest API
- Prepare and send testing status reports and progress to management and stakeholders
- Create, review, and execute manual test cases based on project briefs and product specifications
- Raise and track defects found during sprint development and directly coordinate with developers to resolve them
- Perform end to end testing (Rest APIs, mobile application, web application)
- Work closely with product team to identify use cases, demonstrate working features, and clear user story requirements
- Explore and implement other types of testing such as security and performance testing
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least three years experience in testing mobile/web applications and Rest APIs
- You have at least one year experience in maintaining automated test scripts using any of (but not limited to) the following frameworks:
- (Mobile App: Appium, Selendroid)
- (API: Mocha, Cucumber, Cypress)
- (Web App: Selenium, WebdriverIo)
- You have experience creating and managing test plans and test runs, and a basic understanding of QA processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
- You have the ability to create basic SQL scripts.
Preferred but not required:
- ISTQB Foundation Level Agile Tester
- Experience working in cross-functional virtual teams
Growsari has been growing exponentially in the recent months. The technology team has been growing at a high pace as well. As the team expands, you would be developed for Quality Engineering Manager role.
You will be based in our new HQ office based in Zeta Tower in Pasig, where you will sit with our management, product and engineering teams. We will provide you with a work laptop, free coffee and various other perks!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s chat!
|Job Category||Engineering Technology|