Technical Project Manager – Manila, Philippines
We’re hiring a Technical Project Manager to come help build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. We are looking for experienced graduates in process design to streamline and develop our supply chain & operations with a good work-ethic, innovative thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills to help us run as a high performance business unit.
GrowSari – Who We Are:
Growsari is helping to build the future of Sari Sari stores in the Philippines. Sari Sari stores are the largest retail channel and source of employment in the country, yet the average store owner barely makes her ends meet. We use technology to help them increase their earnings through four ways:
- Get cheaper sourcing of products by connecting them directly to companies (getting them access to better pricing and free delivery to their stores)
- Access new types of products to sell within their store (higher earning revenue streams such as bayad centers, e-commerce drop off points, wi-fi hotspots, store branding etc…)
- Access to financial services (give them access to working capital, consignment and other types of financial services that could help them grow, but they are currently excluded from)
- Help them monetize their data (get companies to pay for real-time access to sales data and ability to act on it on a per-store level – think the next generation of Nielsen Answers)
Over the past 3 years, we’ve been focusing on building a great team consisting of former members of Unilever, P&G, Boston Consulting Group and Uber – from four different continents.
Now we are looking for the next wave of talent to join and push this vision further.
What you’ll do:
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with CTO on prioritization and sequencing of tech projects
- Maintain a pipeline of tech work-items – projects, feature requests and bug fixes to be worked on. These will be based on inputs from CTO, Business Teams and developers themselves.
- Determine the expected effort for each, including ideal developer(s) to work on each.
- Align with CTO on prioritization and sequencing keeping in mind overall business goals and relative urgency of projects
- Ownership of project approval and planning process
- Help business teams prepare briefs for tech projects and feature requests with adequate level of detail and rigour, to have them ready for approval from CTO.
- Once approved, work with CTO and senior developers to ensure the technical aspects of the brief are finalised – database design, api specs, test cases
- On project start, brief the engineers working on the project and agree on timelines.
- Monitoring of tech projects
- Get regular updates from tech team on each work-item under process. Call out any potential delays as early as possible to involved teams.
- Roll out of projects
- On project completion, help business team test on staging and post approval assist with rollout to production
You Should Apply If You:
- Are impact-driven and want to make a positive impact to the lives of Sari Sari store owners; ultimately playing a role in bridging the income inequality gap in the Philippines
- Have 2+ year of experience as a project manager in the software engineering space, either in a product company or in a services company
- Are a software developer yourself – any tech stack
- Are fluent in English
- Have strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Are an excellent communicator
- Are eager to learn new skills and continuously improve oneself
Growsari has been gaining a lot of momentum in the recent months and growing exponentially. The technology team has been growing at a high pace as well. As the team expands, you would be in line for the Head of Delivery role. Alternatively, based on your involvement and interest in product development and roll-out, you may choose to move into the Product Team.
|Job Category||Engineering Technology|