PRIVACY NOTICE GUIDE
Growsari Inc. is committed in protecting your personal information and sensitive personal information in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations on data privacy, including the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA) and its implementing rules and regulations. This privacy notice sets out the policies by which we collect, store, use and protect your personal data.
I. SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Growsari Inc. is building the largest community of Sari-sari store owners in the Philippines by helping them double their earnings by removing the intermediaries.
We provide the following services to Sari-sari store owners
- Goods ordering – We provide free delivery of goods to sari-sari store owners which will be delivered to their stores the next day for free.
- Telco Load – We help sari-sari store owners sell prepaid load using our platform for more convenience and better tracking.
- Store Media – We help sari-sari store owners manage their store media. Through this service sari-sari store owners can earn more with no additional investment.
- Exclusive Promotions – We provide the best deals on goods which are always available on the GrowSari app. We give promotions direct from the suppliers for sari-sari stores.
- Pay Later Goods – We help sari-sari store owners grow their working capital with our “Paylater” program.
II. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Growsari collect and process personal data that you or other data subjects provide to us. Your personal data that we collect may either be Personal Information (PI). and/or Sensitive Personal Information (SPI). Personal Information is any information from which the identity of an individual can be reasonably and directly ascertained, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual. Examples of Personal Information that we collect from you are your name, address, and contact details. Sensitive Personal Information (SPI) is any information that falls under the category of personal information with higher security impact which we may gather from supporting documents presented. Examples of Sensitive Personal Information we collect are government issued IDs and documents, bank details, and user credentials.We may be able to obtain your personal data in many ways. These include where a person –
- enters into any contract or agreement with us, whether or not written;
- submits to us any application, form, request, notice, or other document;
- applies for employment;
- becomes an employee, officer, consultant, service provider of the company;
- accesses, browses, visits, or uses any of our websites, platforms, and social media presence; or
- provides us with personal data, whether directly or through another Person.
In addition to the above, we may be able to collect your personal data from publicly available resources, including social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn.
Furthermore, we collect your personal data to comply with the requirements of the law and legal process, such as regulatory obligations to the. Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC), or to prevent imminent harm to public security, safety or order.
We will ask for your consent before we use or process your personal data. For more information about the terms and conditions of the use of our services, you may visit our terms and conditions page on our website or ask for a copy from our Data Privacy Officer.
III. HOW WE USE AND PROCESS COLLECTED DATA (PURPOSE OF COLLECTED DATA)
Growsari collect and process personal data for the purposes for which you have provided the data to us and to enable us to fully and efficiently achieve those purposes.
We use your personal data to achieve the following purposes:
- to comply with and exercise our rights under contracts and agreements in pursuit of our legitimate business and commercial objectives;
- to perform our services, improve our inefficiencies, and address concerns on our products and services;
- to obtain services for our operations;
- to conduct data gathering exercises to produce aggregate and anonymous reports; and
- to communicate with you and other data subjects.
We may collect and process personal data from current or prospective employees. We process personal data required to initiate the employment application process for job applicants. Collected personal data of non-hired applicants may be retained by the company for future selection process. We may share an employee’s personal data when expressly provided by law or when the employee concerned has given consent.
We may examine and review the contents of our company files, records, computers, devices and facilities, at any time, whether or not there are personal data of our officer, employer or staff, or other information stored therein.
Recipients of personal data collected include persons within Growsari, and third parties to whom we have outsourced or may outsource certain business or operating activities to achieve the purposes set out in this notice. Some of these entities may be outside of the Philippines and will require cross-border transfer of data.
IV. STORAGE AND TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Growsari knows that it is important to secure your Personal Data, in paper and electronic format. This is why we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification, and unauthorized disclosure. In doing so, we have established and enforced an organizational, physical and technical security measures.
We store and process your Personal Data on our computers in Asia-Pacific and with a Third Party whom we have contractual arrangements. To ensure that our third party provides appropriate measures, they have aligned with Growsari’s Data Privacy and Information Security Policies
In instances where disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to achieve the purposes set out in this notice, we will ensure that your personal data will be secured and protected under the terms of a Data Sharing Agreement. We will make sure that the third parties we deal with have sufficient and reasonable organizational, physical and technical security measures to protect your Personal Data.
We will store and retain your personal data for such periods as may be required by applicable law or as may be needed to enable us to fully and efficiently achieve the purposes set out in this notice. Your Personal Data will be destroyed when retention is no longer required. It shall be destroyed in irretrievable and unusable form in adherence with Growsari’s physical and technical security measures.
V. HOW YOU CAN TAKE PART IN THIS
Growsari respects your guaranteed privacy and security rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. Among others, you, as a data subject, have the right to request for access or correction of your Personal Data. You also have the right to ask for a copy of any Personal Data we hold about you. Should you want to exercise any of the rights enumerated under the Data Privacy Act, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Privacy Officer. We will process your request subject to any contractual or legal impediments.
We care about what you think and we are eager to help you with your data privacy concerns. You may reach out to our Data Privacy Officer through the following contact details: